The conference seeks to explore the multiplicity of cultures and environments (natural, cultural, social, economic) that constitute the Pacific inhabited by the Austronesian and Papuan speaking peoples. The conference seeks to bring greater awareness and understanding of the differences and similarities of experiences the peoples of the Pacific have of themselves, each other and their environment. It is also to provide West Maui residents exposure and potential connections to the broader issues facing other Pacific people.
October 13-14, 2017
Na'Aikane o Maui Center
Lahaina, Maui, Hawai'i
- North Beach West Maui Benefit Fund
- University of Hawaii at Manoa – College of Social Sciences
- University of Hawaii at Manoa – Center for Philippine Studies
- University of Hawai'i, Maui College – Hawaiian Studies Program
- University of Hawai'i, Maui College – University Center
- Windward Community College – Hawaiian Studies Program
- Na'Aikane o Maui, Inc.
- Hawaii Institute for Human Rights
- Hawaii Institute for Philippine Studies